Many colleges and universities offer online MBA programs even if they are traditional brick and mortar schools. There are also many excellent exclusively online MBA programs that offer excellent flexibility. Students should consider both options to find the fit that is right for them. To find a good online MBA program prospective students should consider things like flexibility, affordability, quality of instruction, interaction with classmates, user experience, and of course paramount to all student outcomes.
Featured MBA Programs
Ranking the top 10 Online MBA Programs
1. University of North Carolina
University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill offers their MBA program online through UNC’s Kenan-Flagler business school. North Carolina has a fantastic reputation for excellence in their business programs. Students graduating from UNC will continue on to find fantastic positions in top global companies around the world. UNC has excellent instructors and students learn from top business professionals. This university is known for their school spirit, affordable tuition, and excellent graduate outcomes.
• To apply for UNC’s online MBA program you must have a BBA, pass an entrance exam, go through a personal interview, provide an essay, and pay a nonrefundable fee of $145.
• Master’s degree MBA programs are available in business and business law
2. Duke University
Duke offers a Master’s of Business program through their Fuqua Online program. Duke provides Cisco technology to give students the ability to access their teachers, leaders of business in the community, and lectures around the world. By using Aces Web, a potential student can register for classes online. Duke offers the ability to register for online studies, sit in on classes through audit, and monitor lectures around the world.
• Business week ranked this university’s MBA program #6.
• High school spirit and religious educational environment
3. Florida Technical University
Florida Technical University is ranked a Tier 1 Best National University by U.S. News & World Report. Requirements for the online MBA Program are that the student has an undergraduate degree in business or related education. Florida Tech provides lectures and online discussions, the ability to access classes anytime of the day, and a video based learning platform. Two-year program can be broken down to credits per semester to allow students to continue to work.
• Master’s degree programs cost $896 per credit hour. They do have financial aid available for qualified students.
• They do not charge an application fee for entrance into the University.
• Ranked #1 national university by US News and Report
• Program is very structured and offers a well-rounded course study
4. Arizona State University
Arizona State’s MBA program is two years in length. The MBA program requires the student to take 12 courses total. Arizona State is highly decorated and widely recognized for having an excellent MBA program. Students graduating from Arizona go on to successful careers in business administration in international companies worldwide.
• Arizona State University is highly ranked and accredited by the accrediting organization AACSB.
• Cost per credit hour is $442 and they do offer financial aid to students who qualify.
5. Thunderbird School of Global Management
They offers their online students the ability to take a twelve-month, a 19-month, or a 36-month MBA program globally. Thunderbird has over 65 years of experience and offers students a combination of social, business, and global studies.
• Tuition is approximately $68,800, which includes study trips internationally.
• Thunderbird School of Global Management was ranked #1 by International Programs.
• Thunderbird has been ranked #1 for fulltime MBA and Executive MBA by various websites and publications.
6. Pepperdine University
Pepperdine University offers a 2-year MBA online course of study. Pepperdine strives for the highest in educational standards. Their masters in Business program features a combination of lectures, essays, and course study with other students in the online classroom. To get into the university, one must have an undergraduate bachelor degree in business or related education.
• Accredited by the AACSB and voted #2 most popular business school in nation.
• Cost for tuition and fees are $42,772. Financial aid is available to students that qualify.
7. Capella University
Capella’s online MBA requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in business, undergraduate grade point average of 2.3 or higher and a $50 nonrefundable application fee. The online school offers MBA’s in Accounting and Finance. Capella offers a FlexPath degree program which offers the skills and knowledge for long-term career success, but in a more efficient and flexible way. Capella has an excellent reputation for graduate job placement and success.
8. Pennsylvania State University
Penn State’s online MBA program offers students many great advantages. Students can participate in online forums, online discussions with instructors, and web conferences. The school links differing focuses such as accounting, finance, marketing, and management for a well-rounded MBA degree experience.
• The two-year program costs $59,312. Financial aid is available for individuals that meet the requirements.
• Penn State University is accredited by AACSB
9. University of Phoenix
University of Phoenix’s Master of Business Administration programs offers online and on campus learning by instructors from fortune 1000 companies. University of Phoenix has a size advantage over many other universities in that it has many offices all over the United States where students can attend on campus classes or speak to advisers. It is likely they have a facility near you if you live in a major metropolitan area.
10. Walden University
Walden University’s MBA online program has a tremendous amount of concentrations including Accounting for Managers, Leadership, Corporate Finance, Entrepreneurship, International Business, Marketing, and many others. The program features mobile learning and can be accessed on handheld devices such as smart phones. Walden’s professors offer an excellent combination of experience and education. They offer discussions and lectures online with the ability to participate in classroom discussions live.
• Walden is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and has a reputation of over 40 years experience in education, which includes being an innovator in online education.
• Walden is one of the more reasonably priced options, coming in at roughly $23,400 for tuition